AGRI-CLINICS AND AGRI-BUSINESS CENTRES (ACABC) SCHEME
The Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Government of India, in association with NABARD has launched a unique programme to take better methods of farming to each and every farmer across the country through a large pool of available agriculture professionals. The scheme of ACAB aims to supplement efforts of public extension by providing extension and other services to the farmers on payment basis or free of cost as per business model of agri-entrepreneurs, local needs and affordability of target group of farmers, and to support agricultural development;
Agri-Clinics: Agri-Clinics are envisaged to provide expert advice and services to farmers on various technologies including soil health, cropping practices, plant protection, crop insurance, postharvest technology and clinical services for animals, feed and fodder management, prices of various crops in the market etc. which would enhance productivity of crops/animals and ensure increased income to farmers.
Agri-Business Centres:Agri-Business Centres are commercial units of agri- ventures established by trained agriculture professionals. Such ventures may include maintenance and custom hiring of farm equipment, sale of inputs and other services in agriculture and allied areas, including post-harvest management and market and to create gainful self-employment opportunities to unemployed agricultural graduates, agricultural diploma holders, intermediate in agriculture and biological science graduates with PG in agri-related courses, establishing linkages for income generation and entrepreneurship development.
National Institute of Agricultural Extension Management (MANAGE)is responsible for providing training to eligible candidates, through Nodal Training Institutes (NTIs) and motivating them for setting up of Agri- Clinics and Agri-Business Centres. CARD has now been identifies its new Nodal Training Institute in Bhopal.
INDICATIVE LIST OF AGRI VENTURES UNDER ACABC SCHEME
- Extension consultancy services
- Soil and water quality cum inputs testing laboratories
- Crop protection services, including pest surveillance, diagnostic and control services (with culture rooms, autoclaves, microscopes, ELISA Kits etc for detection of plant pathogens including viruses, fungi, bacteria, nematodes, and insect pests)
- Micro-propagation including plant tissue culture labs and hardening units;
- Production, maintenance and custom hiring of agricultural implements and
- machinery including micro irrigation systems;
- Seed production and processing units;
- Vermi culture units;
- Production of bio-fertilizers, bio-pesticides & other bio-control agents;
- Apiaries (bee-keeping) and honey & bee products’ processing units;
- Agricultural insurance services;
- Agri tourism
- Agri journalism – film production, farm publications and exhibitions;
- poultry and fishery hatcheries;
- Livestock health cover, veterinary dispensaries & services including frozen semen banks and liquid nitrogen supply and artificial insemination;
- Information technology kiosks;
- Feed production, marketing and testing units;
- Value addition centres;
- Cool chain including cold storage units.
- Post-harvest management centres for sorting, grading, standardization, storage and packaging;
- Metallic and non-metallic storage structures.
- Horticulture clinic, nursery, landscaping, floriculture
- Vegetable production and marketing;
- Retail marketing outlets for processed agri-products;
- Production and marketing of farm inputs & outputs;
- Contract farming;
- Crop production and demonstration;
- Mushroom production;
- Production, processing and marketing of medicinal and aromatic plants;
- Production units like dairy, poultry, piggery, fisheries, sheep rearing, goat rearing, emu rearing, rabbit rearing, etc.
NoteThe above activities are indicative in nature. Any other activity In agriculture, horticulture, sericulture, animal husbandry, fisheries, allied sectors or combination of two or more of the above activities selected by the candidates, which, generate income to the agripreneur and render extension services to the farmers will also be eligible under the scheme.
Eligibility: The details of Eligible Courses for selection under Agri-clinics and Agribusiness Scheme are as follows:
|M. Sc.||Agriculture/ Ag. Engineering / Ag. Marketing/ Animal Husbandry / Biotechnology/ Dairy Technology/ Fisheries/ Food and Nutrition/ Food Technology/ Forestry/ Home Science/ Horticulture/ Ag. Management/ Marine Biology/ Microbiology/ Rural Science/ Seed Technology/ Sericulture|
|2 Year Certificate|
This programme aims to tap the expertise available in the large pool of Agriculture Graduates. Irrespective of whether She/ He is a fresh graduate or not, or whether currently employed or not, they can set up their own Agri-Clinic or Agri-Business Centre and offer professional extension services to innumerable farmers.
The 60 day residential course at Bhopal is free of cost: After successful completion of training programme bank loans are available for opening Agri-clinics and Agribusiness Centres. Ceiling of project cost for subsidy is Rs.20 lakhs for an individual project (25 lakhs in case of extremely successful individual projects) and to Rs.100 lakhs for a group project. Depending on the type of venture candidate want to set up, and with a moratorium of up to 2 years, Agri-clinics and Agribusiness Centre Loans can be repaid within 5 to 10 years as per easy instalment plans. The rate of interest, margin and security on loans will be decided by the respective bank, as per RBI norms.
How training at CARD premises will help: CARD has been a major player for rural livelihoods promotion through integrating natural resource management with few national and international agriculture development initiatives. Today CARD is working with 30000 farmers on agriculture transformation through Good Agriculture Practices in 300 plus villages across Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh on the motto of “Aap Cheti aap Khet” – “Sensible Farmer Responsible Farming”. CARD therefore, after successful completion of the 2 month training programme, promises much more as stated under;
- Completely orient the trainees with the national and regional agri- scenario,
- Identify successful agri-enterprises as per the individual trainees background,
- Sensitise the students with rural orientation in its regional centres across Madhya Pradesh,
- Help develop a bankable proposal by each individual trainee,
- Coordinate with banks to help establish own business
- Coordination with allied business magnets for help establishing small enterprises,
- Tie up with the existing Farmer Producer Companies supported by CARD/ in network with CARD,
- Provide long term network association support.